DOMESTIC PRIVATE WATER SUPPLY GRANTS
The objective of the scheme is to provide grant assistance to households who are dependent on private individual well supplies and incurring capital expenditure. Grants are available for individual and group water schemes.
Water Treatment Grant Water Grant Well Drilling and Pump Grant
Eligibility depends several factors. A person is eligible for a grant if he/she is
• Providing a supply of water to an existing house that is over 7 years old.
• Upgrading a deficient piped water supply to a house.
• Providing a supply of water to an existing house that is over 7 years old and is not connected to a public water supply/mains.
• The house concerned is the primary residence e.g. Holiday homes are not applicable.
• A water supply grant cannot have been paid in the last 7 years.
Works that qualify under the scheme where they are undertaken to provide or implement a water supply for domestic purposes:
• Drilling or commissioning a new well.
• Rehabilitating an existing well, including deepening or relining an existing bore or the removal of silt.
• Providing or upgrading a supply of water from a surface water source.
• The construction or improvement of a pump house, piping or other facilities in connection with the supply of water.
• The provision or improvement of mechanical or electrical equipment or facilities in connection with the supply of water, or
• The provision or improvement of facilities or equipment for the treatment of water other than the installation of a water softener.
The following works do not qualify where, in the opinion of the local authority:
• They have an approved cost of less than €634.87
• The proposed cost of the works exceeds what would be required to secure an adequate supply of water for domestic purposes
• They relate to the installation or improvement of plumbing inside a house
• They relate to the provision or upgrading of a supply of water for non-domestic purposes
• They are carried out before the local authority’s prior inspection takes place
Amount of Grant:
If you are eligible for the individual water supply scheme you could receive grant amounts of: (whichever is the lesser)
a) 75% of the approved cost or
b) Up to €2,031.58
Feel free to contact our office for grant application forms or click one of the links supplied.
Commencement of Works:
After receipt of the Certificate of Provisional Approval, the works concerned may commence.
The works must be carried out by a contractor registered for VAT who holds a current Form C2 or tax clearance certificate from the Revenue Commissioners.
On completion of the works, payment of the grant may be claimed by the applicant, by signing the declaration incorporated in the Certificate of Provisional Approval, and returning it together with receipts in respect of qualifying works to the local county council.